Saturday 17 October 2015

Belfast


Simon Stephens came to see the show last night, with members of his family. We had a few drinks. We discussed what our favourite cities of the tour were, and whether Bob Dylan is any good live these days. People other than me discussed football. We went across the road to The Crown, one of my favourite pubs in the world. Simon asked me to write about this. I've been speaking his words for a year, so it seemed like a reasonable request. And then, like Keyser Soze, he's gone. Although, unlike Keyser Soze, he said "See you in Salford".

Today we play our last two shows in Belfast after another warm, welcoming, pretty much sold out week. Then it's back to the mainland, as they say over here, for the last four weeks and three venues of the tour.


Belfast shimmers in the autumn sunshine. Yesterday I walked into town with this in my ears. They went well together.


No comments:

Post a Comment